About the Photographer
Hello! My name is Emily. Welcome to Emily Joy Photography! This picture is me, my husband, and my beautiful daughter Madyson. Yes I made us wear matching outfits! Here are some fun facts about me so you can get to know me better.
1) I love the beach and anything with a body of water. This is probably because I grew up in Santa Cruz so I was at the beach practically every week.
2) I'm passionate about music. I can sing and play guitar. I also like to create a spotify playlist for practically every mood. My favorite artists include Taylor Swift, Need to Breathe, Twenty One Pilots, Ed Sheeran, and Phil Whickam.
3)I have a husband of almost 3 years and a baby girl who I love dearly!
4) I love Jesus. My faith is the inspiration for all I do.
5) I'm passionate about travel. Some of my favorite places I've been to are the Caribbean, Austria, Italy, Mexico, Yellowstone, and Zion.
6) My random talent is naming random actors and actresses.
7) Me and my husband love to watch shows together: some of my favorites are New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, and Breaking Bad. Favorite movies include About Time, Tarzan, and Forrest Gump.
8) My go to drinks are Earl Grey Boba Milk Tea, lavender latte, and medium roast coffee with cream!
I first got into photography my junior year of high school. I took a class that taught me photoshop and a more advanced way to use a DSLR camera. My talents lie within the artistic/creative realm which is why I wanted to pursue it more. What I love most about photography is watching how it can boost confidence. I love working with people and watching them let loose and have fun during our shoots. I know how it feels to be on the other side of the camera and I am prepared to guide and equip you with confidence and plenty of prompts/poses! I relate providing a gallery of beautiful photos to making an amazing home cooked meal. I put my heart and soul into it and love watching others enjoy it!
I offer different types of shoots from families, to portraits, and weddings. My style is best described as bright, bold, and colorful. Do I travel? YES! Most of my gigs involve traveling to you and I am happy to do so! The locations I travel to most often are Santa Cruz, San Jose/Bay Area, and I am based in Pasadena by Los Angeles! If my style matches your taste I would love to partner with you and see what you envision in our photoshoot. Contact me so we can discuss what you would like and what you are comfortable with. If you have any questions, head on over to my pricing and FAQ's page for some guidance!
Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for taking the time to get to know me!
Based in Pasadena, CA